This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible for planning, laying out, assembling, repairing, testing and installing weight handling gear and standing and running rigging to move weapon system items.
- You will devise means of moving and controlling movement of items through tight spaces, hatches, passageways, and areas where cranes or other material handling equipment cannot be used.
- You will estimate weight and center or gravity of items to be moved and plan weight distribution and load maneuvering.
- You will install beam clamps, gallows frames and other supporting structures and use jacks, pulley blocks, chain falls, and similar equipment to move and position items.
- You will perform various tests and inspections on weight handling gear and rigging to assure assemblies can provide for safe and effective lifting and transport of items.
- You will utilize dynamometers, load cells, or other load measuring devise calibrated for assurance of correct test loading.
- You will fabricate and repair standing and running rigging and related apparatus, including wire cable or fiber rope, slings, towing bridles, nets and etc., required to support movement of items.
- You will provide proper and safe signaling of overhead bridge cranes, hydraulic boom and lattice boom mobile cranes.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601474300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.