This position is located in the Cybersecurity Division, Technology Office (TO), Business Center - Operations Office, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Rural Development (RD), and duties are within the cybersecurity engineering program.
Direct Hire Authority: These positions are being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation.The Locality Pay of this position will be determined based on the location of the selectee. Learn more about this agency
- Applies an in-depth knowledge of federal and industry Information Technology (IT) security guidelines to effect agency-wide cyber defense planning.
- Responsible for the integration of cybersecurity throughout the IT solution development lifecycle (SDLC) through RD IT system-specific and agency-wide cyber defense planning; and the delivery of RD enterprise security services.
- Coordinates with IT system owners, investment managers and project managers to provide full lifecycle vulnerability assessment for all RD IT systems using a variety of techniques.
- Optimizes the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT security engineering program based on meaningful operational and performance metrics.
- Remains abreast of all applicable laws, regulations, policies, standards, and guidelines affecting information technology security engineering within RD, including any periodic changes and amendments to those documents.
- Reviews application code with developers and project teams in order to document, mitigate and/or remediate discovered vulnerabilities
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601446700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.