This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/Learn more about this agency
4 vacancies will be filled from this announcement for California and Idaho.
- Provides technical leadership and assistance in agronomic, precision agriculture, and soil health to individual land users or groups of land users.
- Assesses and evaluates soil and water resource management problems and farming practices on individual or multiple tracts of land in the assigned area.
- Evaluates effectiveness of agronomic practices, identify technical problems and/or deficiencies, recommend improvements, and motivate landowners to implement and maintain sound conservation management systems.
- Assists with vegetative and management practices to secure a balanced program of soil and moisture conservation.
- Provides technical assistance in promoting conservation tillage, crop rotations and nutrient and pest management through tours, conferences, and direct assistance to field office personnel and producers.
- Assists in conducting on-the-job and formal training in agronomy to internal and external customers, providing information to field offices on agronomic techniques for inventorying, analyzing, and selecting treatment alternatives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601222400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.