The incumbent of this position serves as Assistant Director for Engineering and serves as advisor to the PIA Director on all engineering phases of Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Pacific Islands Area (PIA) programs and is responsible for establishing technical engineering standards and procedures, methods of operation, training field personnel, and for the engineering phases of the work in the PIA.Learn more about this agency
- Provides staff leadership in all phases of the engineering programs of NRCS in the state/area, including formulation of standards, specifications, engineering planning, design and construction.
- Maintains close working relationship with other members of the Leadership Team (LT) to ensure integration of engineering phases of the work with associated technical phases of the overall NRCS program.
- Responsible for preparation of plans and specifications for contracting and construction and overall supervision of construction inspection activities.
- Engineering support of all phases of watershed planning and operations. Inspection of construction work done under the Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Program (PL-566) before final payment is made to the contractors.
- Provide engineering leadership and guidance in the approval and use of Technical Service Provider (TSP) for practices designated as engineering responsibility. Reviews TSP engineering performance.
- Analyzes engineering work and training needs; and recommends training and placement of engineering personnel.
- Supervision of federal employees located on the Engineering State Conservation staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601063100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.