This position is located in the Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Division of Healthy Start and Perinatal Services, Maternal and Women's Health Branch. The duty location for this position is in Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
Physician positions are a mission critical occupation for HRSA. These positions are responsible for formulation of policy and programs administered by Health Resources and Services Administration to provide advice and assistance to Bureaus, Department of Health and Human Services, and other Federal entities as related to the medical aspects of primary health care programs for underserved populations.
Serving as Branch Chief and medical authority you are recognized as a top clinical expert and advisor. You will provide medical and executive leadership and guidance.
Specifically, you duties will include:
- Planning, leading, and administering activities that improve maternal and infant health at the national, state, and community level and focus on reducing high rates of maternal morbidity and mortality.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing technical assistance and consultation for stakeholders in support of Division programs to advance and promote women's health, the prevention and treatment of maternal morbidity and mortality, and the promotion of infant health and development.
- Providing expert medical advice and consultation on critical problems in the medical field related to maternal and women's health.
- Serving as an agency medical expert and coordinator in providing intellectual leadership, clinical consultation, and focus relative to the delivery of primary care services to underserved populations.
- Performing the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised. Establishing guidelines and performance expectations for staff members which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
25% or less - Expected to travel is up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601026400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.