This announcement is non-bargaining.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Office of IT Operations and Services, Infrastructure Operations, Health, Benefits, Memorial, Corporate, Consolidated Mail Out Pharmacy. The incumbent serves as the lead information technology specialist for the IRM department. Has the authority to direct other computer specialist, assistants, engineering and maintenance employees assigned to the CMOP in optimizing the overall performance and efficiency of each computer system.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
Cybersecurity Codes: 451- System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: Not Available.
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Operation Systems)/ PD03387A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, twisting and lifting. Travel may be
required. Incumbent may be required to work off-hours and weekends to ensure continuity of computer operations.Major Duties:
- Serves and directs other employees assigned to the organization in optimizing the overall performance and efficiency of each computer system.
- Ensures information systems reliability and accessibility to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
- Optimizes the overall performance and efficiency of each computing system.
- Develops and implements backup procedures in the event of computer failure.
- Responsible for the provision of the technical dispensing of outpatient prescriptions processed through the mail.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601024800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.