About the Position: Serves as a Civil Engineer (Structural), who performs professional engineering duties related to the design of a variety of structural engineering features pertinent to new construction and modification of civil works and/or military projects.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: Recruitment incentives, including student loan repayment, may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- At the GS-11 Level:
- Develop detailed design studies and performs structural design and analysis for projects.
- Prepare design documentation reports, contract plans, technical specifications, and engineering estimates.
- Perform site investigation of existing projects to assess structural condition and prepare inspection reports.
- Provide technical support to construction field personnel to assist in resolving problems and reviewing construction documents.
- At the GS-12 Level:
- Function as project engineer or structural team leader over subordinate engineers in preparing structural designs or feasibility studies.
- Prepare and review design documentation reports, contract plans, technical specifications, and engineering estimates.
- Coordinate and communicate with technical representatives of customers and partners and serve as structural technical point of contact on projects.
- Review designs of lower graded structural engineers for accuracy of design assumptions, analysis, and computations.
- Make periodic inspections of existing projects and appurtenant structures to check for any structural weakness that may have developed after construction, particularly after natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of structural team's work.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 10-20% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600993300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.