The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: ACQDEMO.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Department of Defense (DoD), Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The incumbent will be responsible for implementing enterprise-wide cybersecurity strategies, and developing courses of action that optimize the defensive cybersecurity posture and cyber situational awareness within the MDA Area of Operations (MDA AO).
As an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC) at the NH-2210-3 broadband level some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Coordinate and integrate cybersecurity strategies, policies, directives, and guidance to develop cybersecurity operational requirements that support MDA's mission essential functions.
- Provide recommendations, based on threat analysis and understanding of Mission Relevant Terrain - cyber (MRT-C) that provide leadership with the necessary data to make informed decisions concerning the security posture of the MDA, and its networks and systems.
- Conduct analysis on cyberspace metrics and provide recommendations and courses of action to ensure MDA's operational focus and cybersecurity efforts align with strategic priorities.
- Analyze patterns of noncompliance, cyber tasking orders, cybersecurity assessment results, and operational environment analysis to determine impacts on risk and/or overall effectiveness of the enterprise cybersecurity strategy, cybersecurity controls, and system resiliency.
- Analyze information from external data sources (e.g., cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, Security Focus) to understand cyber defense threat conditions; identify which security issues may impact MDA's information assets, and provide recommendations.
- Synchronize, integrate, and de-conflict organizational plans with the strategies and policies of OSD, Combatant Commands, JFHQ-DODIN, services, and agencies as required.
- Develop processes and procedures to receive and track DoD requirements and integrate them into existing MDA operations and plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600823100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.