The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Area Engineer for an assigned geographical area. The incumbent supervises area-wide engineering staff and will be responsible for all NRCS engineering activity in the Area including training, quality assurance, and technical assistance.Learn more about this agency
- Supervises the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control, flood control and wetland creation or restoration.
- Directs calculations of earthwork, concrete, steel, conduits, and other materials, and prepares construction estimates and bills of materials.
- Reviews and checks engineering planning, designs, and construction work of NRCS field staff with lower Engineering Job Approval Authority in the area assigned.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities by providing technical and administrative direction to a staff consisting of engineers and engineer technicians.
- Provides technical guidance and training to personnel in the assigned area and throughout the state on all engineering practices, and in the use and care if engineering equipment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600795300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.