.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Sector Operations Division, Department of Compact Operations (DCO) within the Millennium Challenge Corporation.
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 2C which is generally equal to SES in pay range only.
The Managing Director (MD) is a member of the senior staff in the Department of Compact Operations, responsible for the delivery of technical services in the areas of digital and data for development, gender and social inclusion, human and community development, land and agricultural economy - and fiduciary oversight functions related to program acquisition and assistance and program financial services to advance MCC program operations. The Managing Director will:
- Support the DVP in establishing the vision, priorities and strategy for the division to support compact and threshold programs, operationalize complementary partnerships and establish MCC as a leader in those technical and functional areas.
- Provide direction and oversight to the Practice Leads & Senior Directors (PLSDs) for Gender and Social Inclusion; Human and Community Development, Land and Agricultural Economy; Program Acquisition and Assistance; and Program Financial Services.
- Ensure that country teams are functionally optimized and receive high quality and timely technical support to ensure successful program development and implementation.
- Represent MCC at external meetings, events and technical venues to share lessons learned, capture opportunities for innovation and collaboration, contribute to MCC's credibility and relevance in the development field.
- Ensure quality control, consistency, accountability, and standards of practice across all technical disciplines.
- Direct and manage the resolution of technical issues and conflicts, working in concert with managers across MCC divisions and departments as needed.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of the Division's budget and human capital management (i.e., division staffing, staff training and professional development).
- Manage OIG/GAO inquiries and issues and leading cross-cutting organizational issues (e.g., quality control, policy standards, business process development, etc.).
- Develop, coordinate, and implement goals and objectives, operational plans, and implementation strategies for the division.
- Make recommendations to senior management on program development and implementation work that can be undertaken within existing human capital and financial resource levels.
- Exercise technical and administrative supervision of subordinates.
- Promote diversity in all aspects of the division's work and ensure a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600364300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.