Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICEDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
As a Front Line Manager, you serve as first level supervisor for the Enterprise Workforce Planning & Analysis Branch functional workforce planning teams. Generally, you will direct the work operations of subordinates, consult and brief leadership on workforce planning activities and strategies. You will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinates. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques to enable functional collaboration, planning, and execution of enterprise workforce planning operations. You will evaluate workforce planning strategies, work performance and perform various other related administrative functions. You will provide oversight and direction of subordinates including but not limited to the following.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600326700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.