This position is being announced as Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense (DoD) Section 1109 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Serves as an Operations Research Analyst (Data Scientist) in the Dam and Levee Safety Data Management Branch, US Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District.
- Responsible for the application of operations research, data analysis and visualization techniques for data science methodologies for the Army Corps of Engineers data management of Dam, Levee, Flood Modeling, Risk and Consequence analysis.
- Conducts relevant research and analytical studies of Dam, Levee, Flood Risk problems to support critical business processes and/or decisions.
- Identifies, develops, and integrates pertinent information, including internal and external sources, through various data collection procedures and technologies, including emerging data science and big data methodologies.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of methods, models, and tools and partners with other analysts to identify opportunities for significant process enhancements and recommend changes.
- Prepares reports and creates/delivers presentations to the organization, senior leaders, and other external groups.
- Create technical analysis using Advanced Excel, Python, API Interactions, SQL, Machine Learning, R and more.
- Provides governance and best practices of data structures, data integrity, privacy, security, and querying.
Occasional travel - This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600213100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.