This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration. As a/an DIRECTOR, WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON LIBRARY, you will be serving as the Director of the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum. You will be responsible for planning, directing, and administering all programs and activities of the library and museum.Learn more about this agency
As a DIRECTOR, WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON LIBRARY, you will:
- Plan and direct the programs and activities of the library which contain the papers of William Jefferson Clinton, including the presidential records for the period of his tenure; the papers of persons such as cabinet officers, heads of Federal agencies, members of Congress, political leaders, as well as national political organizations; selected records of federal agencies; a library of books, pamphlets, periodicals, and other printed materials; audiovisual materials including motion and still pictures, slides, sound recordings, and other such materials; electronic records including email and collections of museum objects and memorabilia related to the President and his times.
- Responsible for providing leadership, policy development, program accountability, budget formulation, and strategic planning for the library in context with NARA's overall strategic plan and annual operating plans and budget. Directs the managerial and administrative activities of the library including personnel, budget, space management, disbursement, procurement of property and the writing of reports.
- Direct the full range of archival, museum, and information-related. services to provide for the accessibility and preservation of the historical materials at the library.
- Maintain liaison and develops cooperative working relationships with the academic community including working closely with the University of Arkansas to develop joint programs related to the holdings and mission of the Library.
- Maintain close working relations with the former President, his family, and the Clinton Foundation particularly in developing and sustaining partnership ventures and providing other funding opportunities that enhance the growth and reputation of the library as a dynamic museum and center of public scholarship and service.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600120300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.