The primary purpose of this position is to manage a portfolio of drug discovery and development of therapeutics grants and contracts for the NIH Helping to End Addiction Long-termSM (HEAL) program: Optimization of Non-addictive Therapies [Small Molecules and Biologics] to Treat Pain, a collaborative drug development program involving 12 NIH Institutes, academia and industry.Learn more about this agency
As a Scientific Project Manager (Drug Discovery and Development), you will perform the following duties and functions:
- Direct and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Review, analyze, draft, evaluate, and make recommendations on pre-clinical screening of therapeutics and devices to determine project plans are achievable.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommends subsequent budget changes when necessary.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations.
- Manage a portfolio of drug discovery and development grants. cooperative agreements, contracts and/or subcontracts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600037700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.