About the Position: This position is with the St Paul District, Engineering and Construction Division. The St. Paul District plans, designs, builds, and operates water resource projects to benefit the people of Minnesota, western Wisconsin, northeastern North Dakota, portions of South Dakota and Iowa, and the nation. We are responsible for supporting inland navigation, helping communities reduce damages caused by flooding, environmental restoration, and emergency response to disasters.Learn more about this agency
- As Chief of Structural Section, is responsible for all structural design for Civil Works projects such as flood risk reduction, navigation, environmental, and river and harbor facilities/installations.
- Plan, supervise, and coordinate work. Assign workload, explain difficult work, and establish priorities. Interpret the more complex guides and administrative policies. Assures completed work has been reviewed for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Participate in and provides guidance/assistance to structural design for General Investigation studies, plans and specifications, operation and maintenance projects, hired labor projects, and special engineering studies.
- Direct the compilation and preparation of technical data and text to be used in correspondence, feasibility reports, basis for design, design analyses, design documentation reports, narrative reports, periodic inspection reports, or memos for record.
- Perform supervisory management duties such as initiating, recommending, or approving personnel actions, approving leave, making performance evaluations, identifying training needs, resolving complaints, effecting minor disciplinary actions, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/600018600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.