The incumbent serves as the Director of the DTC in Product Engineering, reporting to the Executive Director of Product Engineering in the office of information and technology. The incumbent is responsible for providing engineering support to major new development initiatives in current VA systems as well as providing for strategic and tactical planning for the initiatives and systems.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
OPM Cyber Code 801 - Program Manager - Acquisition and Program/Project Management #1
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Supv Information Technology Specialist/PD706160
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, though it requires some travel. Work is generally performed in a typical office setting.
- Works closely with management to ensure that solutions are compliant with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Ensures that new technology requirements are considered across the spectrum of new initiatives and ensures maximum results from the introduction of new technologies.
- Directs, coordinates and oversees work, directing the programs, evaluating subordinates supervisors, making or approving selections for subordinates nonsupervisory positions.
- Provides expert advice and information furnished by the incumbent has a direct effect on the success of policy development planning and program implementations.
- Works with a full range of activities from strategic planning and budgeting to capacity planning to perform technology assessments of technology platforms and tools.
25% or less - Travel required up to 15% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599926900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.