OIG oversight activities lead to significant recoveries, the identification of cost-savings opportunities, and program improvements that directly enhance the U.S. Government’s ability to extend development assistance; support economic growth; combat the spread of disease; promote democratic reform; and address food insecurity to countries around the world.Learn more about this agency
As an auditor in the Audit Support and Evaluations Division (ASD), you will plan and conduct evaluations of USAID programs in accordance with the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency's (CIGIE's) Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluation. Specifically, you will:
- Collect appropriate data, analyze the data, develop data-based findings and conclusions, and present the information both orally and in writing to diverse audiences.
- Plan, prioritize, and balance your work assignments to carry out required activities and meet timelines.
- Identify and/or develop methodologically sound techniques to evaluate programs.
- Learn new and complex material quickly to understand issues.
- Research and collect relevant information that helps achieve engagement objectives.
- Conduct analyses to assess information collected about agency programs against applicable criteria.
- Develop findings and conclusions based on analyses.
- Interview agency officials to obtain testimonial evidence to support findings and conclusions.
- Write reports and other written products that effectively communicate information and findings.
- Communicate relevant information to agency officials, team members, internal stakeholders, and congressional staff, during formal and informal presentations, meetings, and/or interviews.
Occasional travel - Approximately 20% worldwide travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599823300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.