This Foreign Affairs Officer position is located in the Office of Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (CSO/DME), U.S. Department of State (DOS). The officer serves as an advisor to the Office Director and other senior management in the Bureau in providing strategic analysis that is focused on budget formulation; foreign assistance resource allocations; program design, monitoring, evaluation; and learning.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as senior policy advisor and subject matter expert for the bureau, providing strategic analysis, policy guidance, and planning expertise for conflict prevention and stabilization.
- Coordinates the efforts of Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation (DME) advisors in guiding the work of officers throughout the bureau.
- Organizes bureau’s process for identifying program priorities, and drafting and submitting Foreign Assistance Operational Plans.
- Establishes and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) for bureau, including templates, in compliance with Department policies and regulations.
- Identifies and advances opportunities and relationships with departmental and interagency counterparts regarding programs and funding.
Occasional travel - Some occasional domestic or international travel may be required -- about 5% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599730800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.