This position is with the Office of Inspector General, Assistant Inspector General for Investigations, in Herndon, VA. This office is responsible for conducting criminal, civil, and administrative investigations primarily focused on suspected fraud and potential violations impacting the Department of Interior.Learn more about this agency
As a Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Investigations, ES-1811-00, you will be required to perform the following major duties:
- The incumbent supervises a staff of criminal investigators and specialized support staff requiring an extensive understanding of markedly different specialized functions and areas of work.
- The incumbent manages and supervises a headquarters operation responsible for all investigative and administrative support for field operations, which includes policies and procedures, budget allocation and execution, intake management, report distribution, case management, liaison within and outside the OIG, quality assessment reviews, case management, and other special projects.
- The incumbent allocates resources to resolve complex and significant investigative issues of marked difficulty and responsibility, which are of national significance and frequently result in criminal, civil, and/or administrative sanctions.
- The incumbent makes assignments and determines subordinate's responsibilities and priorities; anticipates and responds to changing priorities, resource fluctuations, policy initiatives, and other program developments; and keeps subordinates informed of management decisions and directives.
- The incumbent develops national and/or regional investigative initiatives; analyzes trends to anticipate investigative direction; participates and is responsible for strategic planning and implementation; measures organizational and individual performance.
- The incumbent manages and directs geographically dispersed special agents in charge to ensure goals and objectives established by the Assistant Inspector General for Investigations and the Inspector General are met.
- The incumbent provides presentations or briefings to the Inspector General, General Counsel, AIGI, Assistant Inspector General for Audits (AIGA), and senior DOI officials.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel; Travel for this position will be to conferences, meetings, and other on site visits to internal or external regional locations as required or requested by leadership
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599671300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.