The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Managing Editor within the Persian News Network (PNN) and is responsible for the editorial direction and news content of PNN's Central News and Production Unit (CNPU) news output. As part of the CNPU, the incumbent maybe assigned to oversee any program being broadcast by PNN via TV, radio, or Internet. They have editorial responsibility for content of news to insure content is clearly and accurately written and information is presented in a logical flow.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates superior journalistic news experience to conceive, plan, research, write, and edit highly targeted original news stories for TV, Internet, and radio programs.
- Exercises judgment as to the range and content of all portions of these programs. Subjects covered may include international affairs, politics, economics, cultural affairs, scientific developments, health issues, etc.
- Identifies significant news events, relating coverage of those events to larger issues and assigning and sheparding such stories; identifies best coverage for television in U.S., Iranian, and regional issues.
- Initiates ideas and provides editorial news expertise for daily news output. Ensures the accuracy of all aspects of story development, while maintaining a sound grasp of news, production and the need for skill and accuracy in executing all tasks assigned.
- Assigns work to writers, translators, and reporters, among others within the CNPUP, in putting news broadcasts on the air and/or disseminating news via new media technologies.
- Works independently or assists colleagues to ensure fully professional, smooth, and timely TV, Internet, and/or radio programming.
- Conducts in-depth interviews with a wide variety of figures from all walks of life. Ensures interviews are as informative as possible, conducts extensive research prior to the interview.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599570800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.