We are an independent office within the EPA that helps the agency protect the environment in a more efficient and cost effective manner. We perform audits, evaluations, and investigations of the EPA to promote economy and efficiency, and to prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse. We strive to provide solutions to problems that ultimately result in making America a cleaner and healthier place.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Special Program Review and Evaluation has a multidisciplinary workforce that designs and implements nationwide investigations and evaluations, seeking to improve the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of EPA programs by, among other things, detecting and preventing fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement and enhancing program effectiveness.
- Oversee and assist in the planning, developing, directing, and execution of administrative investigations and evaluations, ensuring that EPA senior officials, contractors, grantees, programs, and operations comply with regulatory, and ethical obligations, including appropriate whistleblower obligations for contractors and grantees.
- Provide executive leadership over Office of Special Program Review and Evaluation Supervisors and staff to accomplish the OIG mission and IG Act by, among other things, ensuring that the office produces high-quality written products in a timely manner, as well as tracking the office’s operations and outcomes, to include actions by the EPA based on OSPRE reports and recommendations.
- Develop and motivate staff to perform and contribute high-quality and timely work products and deliverables by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, and facilitating opportunities.
- Maintain a broad based, multi-media understanding of environmental programs, policies and operations.
- Provide summaries of activities for use in the IG’s semi-annual report to congress and reviews for accuracy and sufficiency.
Occasional travel - Less than 25%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599342800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.