We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. Duties assigned at a lower level will be of narrower scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of the selected employee.
- Provides System Cybersecurity RMF support as a lead for policy development and technical cybersecurity systems development review.
- Ensures assignments are aligned with the Strategic Plan, established goals, objectives, and performance measures associated that enhance the security and privacy of systems and data.
- As a RMF project team leader, plans and assigns work, adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Represents the organization in technical interactions with other governmental Departments regarding information technical security operations.
- Conducts continuous monitoring of multiple security technologies such as IDS/IPS, syslog, file integrity, vulnerability scanners, and correlates and analyzes events.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required. Approximately 5%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599332700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.