Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a lifeguard and perform other related swimming facility duties. May act as senior lifeguard at a large swimming facility or the only lifeguard at a smaller one.
- Monitor activities within assigned swimming facility. Observe the condition and behavior of swimmers to ascertain any potential problems.
- Rescue and resuscitate individuals in danger of drowning and renders first aid to injuries. Use a variety of techniques such as artificial respiration, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid.
- Clean and maintain the swimming facility. Clean swimming assigned area (e.g. bathrooms, decks, locker rooms, showers, pool, etc.).
- Conduct swimming lessons by following prescribed lesson plan. Consult with senior swimming instructor concerning lessons, lesson plans and any problems.
- Participate in required in-service training and maintain currency, capability and certification to perform lifesaving and water rescue to administer basic first aid and CPR and to provide water safety instruction for the activities and skill levels.
- Verify customers are authorized to use facility by checking appropriate identification.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599296300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.