The purpose of this postdoctoral research fellow astrophysicist position is to conduct scientific research and scholarship in the area of software, frameworks, and techniques for the processing of Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) data. The incumbent will contribute to EHT analysis and science investigations, and collaborate with the team of SAO scientists and engineers in creating the next generation of precision measurements of black hole physics on horizon scales.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct a program of research and scholarship in the area of the Event Horizon Telescope under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator
- Assist in the development of software and procedures of the reduction, analysis and interpretation of data as needed; assist in the development of analytical methods and/or software to model physical processes and conditions; assist in the development and modeling of scientific instrumentation for the collection of data, as needed.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which engaged. Examples include preparing papers for publication in scientific journals, preparing and presenting findings at scientific meetings, writing scientific memos, and presenting results at project reviews.
- Support, as required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Mentor and assist, as appropriate and as directed, students and interns in the EHT research group.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to scientific conferences, to observing facilities and/or technical collaboration meetings may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599203500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.