TTB's mission is to collect alcohol, tobacco, firearms and ammunition excise taxes; to ensure that alcohol beverages are labeled, advertised and marketed in accordance with the law; and to administer the laws and regulations in a manner that protects the revenue, protects the consumer, and promotes voluntary compliance. TTB is one of the Federal government’s best places to work. We ranked in the top 1% of agency subcomponents (tied for #4 of 420) in 2019. See www.bestplacestowork.org.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12 . If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Conduct assigned excise tax audits at alcohol, tobacco, firearms and ammunition industry members. Provide excise tax assistance to Federal, and state enforcement officials as well as the members of industries.
- Plan and conduct excise tax audits of persons or entities suspected of being involved in criminal schemes.
- Interview accountants, representatives of financial institutions, industry representatives, and others including Federal and state officials to obtain information relative to excise tax liability.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and disseminates findings and disclosures developed during excise tax audits and related matters.
- Participate in teams involved in excise tax audits and related matters with other auditors, special agents and/or inspectors. Plans work to be performed.
75% or less - Travel will be required 11 or more days per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599197900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.