About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the Enterprise/ Surveillance & Recon Activity, GISA Europe in Wiesbaden, Germany and it serves as the Information Assurance Specialist.Learn more about this agency
- Confirms that the storage, processing and transmission of intelligence information is performed in accordance with the requirements prescribed in applicable Department of the Army, Defense Intelligence and National Security Agency regulations.
- Performs security certification tests and evaluations for JWICS, Secret Collateral and Unclassified systems.
- Responsible for security issues relating to the command and authorization of their JWICS, SIPRNET and NIPRNET systems.
- Actively participates in the configuration management process by reviewing proposed changes to hardware, software, and existing baselines through the lens of cybersecurity.
- Investigates suspicious automation information system activity and security violations; documents information gathered; and coordinates corrective actions with the traditional security, IT operations and leadership elements.
- Conducts information assurance inspections and staff assistance visits.
- Develops procedures and alternatives designed to create a balance between security requirements and cost-effective protective countermeasures.
- Responds to security alerts and bulletins from the Regional Cyber Center and reports compliance status.
- Processes user requests for access to systems and prepares inactive account reports.
- Conducts network security analyses and evaluation assessments to identify potential security vulnerabilities and implements corrective actions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599169900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.