The Office of Inspector General (OIG), works within the U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT) to promote efficiency and effectiveness, and prevent or stop waste, fraud and abuse in departmental programs. We do this through audits and investigations. The position is located in the Department of Transportation (DOT), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Assistant Inspector General for Administration and Management, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN), you will:
- Provide senior level support for IT infrastructure components through the OIG Incident Management System. Provide assistance to IT staff on specific issues, analyzes issue patterns and takes proactive actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software. Also manage the installation and integration of system fixes, updates, and enhancements.
- Provide engineering approach and support to IT infrastructure migration to and support maintenance in M365 and MS Azure cloud environments and components.
- Manage system resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
- Maintain system configuration.
- Ensure the application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of systems administration services.
- Participate in IT project planning which includes identifying and providing cost-benefit analysis of alternative application designs or approaches. Participate in the selection of appropriate hardware, software, and system architecture. Develop appropriate procedures and tests data for use in unit, system, and customer acceptance testing.
- Modify and/or refine agency system administration standard operating procedures.
- Recommend additional components to improve overall system performance by staying current on emerging technological changes.
Occasional travel - Possible travel up to 10% may be required to field offices.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599132300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.