About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Carlisle Barracks is an installation at the center of the Army and Department of Defense Senior Leadership educational programs. This historic post supports missions such as the U.S. Army War College, including the Center for Strategic Leadership, Strategic Studies Institute and USAWC Press, U.S. Army Heritage and Education Center, and Dunham U.S. Army Health Clinic, Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute, and the Installation Management Command.
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
- Check text for style, readability, and adherence to style guides
- Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability
- Review manuscripts for spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation errors, and correct as needed
- Develop and maintain Word and InDesign templates, style sheets, and macros
- Assess the quality of tables, charts, and illustrations for publication and adjust for clarity and applicability
- Collaborate with senior editors throughout the production process and propose tools to improve editing processes
- Research information using library electronic resources
- Pose queries and suggest changes to authors
- Manage and monitor the scope and progression of assigned articles/manuscripts
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599068500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.