You will serve as a Contract Specialist in the Chartering and Ship Operations Division (N04103), Contracts and Business Management Department (N0410), Directorate Maritime Operations (N04) of MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform pre-award procurement functions (e.g., market research, synopsis, amendment and award documents, negotiating position) to comply with federal regulations.
- You will evaluate contract price and proposals to negotiate and select the best contractor and awards contract.
- You will analyze price or cost data for pre-award and post-award procurement activities to ensure cost-effective source selection
- You will Compare contractor proposals against previous contracts, previous actual expenditures, and established rates.
- You will Analyze contract prices or cost including the proposal to determine reasonableness in accordance with the scope of the work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/599005200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.