This position is located in the Financial Management Office (FMO), Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General and serves as a senior accountant responsible for maintaining an accounting program and providing relevant and timely managerial accounting support for IG.Learn more about this agency
As a Accountant, GS-0510-12/13, your typical work assignments may include the following:
This is an open continuous announcement and will remain open July 20, 2021 or until the vacancy is filled.
- Prepare accounting reports, review financial statements (related footnotes) and Treasury reports, and perform accounting reconciliations.
- Ensure data posted to the Data Collection Module and submitted to the Defense Departmental Reporting System (DDRS) is correct.
- Perform general ledger account analysis, and work with accounting service provider to reconcile and adjust financial accounts.
- Provide and respond to data call requests related to accounting operations and financial statement audit.
- Perform reconciliations and variance analysis to identify and disclose abnormal account balances.
- Resolve issues related to the assessment/audit of the financial statements and related footnotes, and financial systems.
- Review, evaluate, document and coordinate internal control requirements related to financial accounting systems, processes and reports.
- Review and certify financial transactions in the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) accounting system.
- Ensure supporting documentation for purchase requests and other financial requests is complete, accurate, and in accordance with the DoD Financial Management Regulation, and other applicable laws.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598974600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.