The Science Mission Directorate (SMD) at NASA Headquarters will fill multiple Program Scientist positions in the Earth Science, Heliophysics, Planetary Science, Astrophysics, or Biological & Physical Sciences Divisions, Exploration Science Strategy & Integration Office, Front Office, and/or other SMD program offices. The duties below apply to all five divisions and all other offices. Click here for more information: https://science.nasa.gov/about-us.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, directs, and leads the integration of cross functional scientific programs in various technical disciplines.
- Implements balanced programs across the breadth of a science portfolio within technological, scientific, budgetary, and programmatic constraints.
- Oversees research and analysis programs for peer reviews to include the development solicitation, and evaluates scientific merit proposals.
- Develops recommendations to management for selections that integrate peer review and programmatic considerations, initiates and monitors research contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements.
- Provides innovative and implementable solutions that are strategic and tactical, and in alignment with the priorities of NASA, and national guidance.
- Communicates, engages, and builds consensus with multiple stakeholders, including the scientific community, external advisory committees, senior NASA leaders, interagency and international partners, and programs and projects at NASA Centers.
- Manages multiple and competing responsibilities using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Actively promotes diversity and inclusiveness, within NASA appointed teams and committees, and within the science community.
- Duties described above are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598926500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.