This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis within the Department of Homeland Security in Washington, D.C.Learn more about this agency
Chief Information Security Officer, (SL) Position Description, Office of Intelligence and Analysis
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is a Senior Leader (SL) position located within the Office of Intelligence and Analysis's Intelligence Enterprise Readiness, in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The CISO reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and is responsible for implementing DHS Intelligence Enterprise cybersecurity policies, standards and guidance and ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information technology (IT) systems, networks, and data in support of the Department's Intelligence mission. The CISO serves as the principal advisor to the CIO for the DHS Intelligence Enterprise information security program. The CISO is responsible for performing and supervising work associated with risk management, policy, compliance, and oversight in alignment with DHS and the Intelligence Community strategic direction. Through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information security programs, policies, procedures, and tools, the CISO provides the cybersecurity oversight for enterprise Information Technology (IT) services across the DHS Intelligence Enterprise.
- Leads the statutory mandated Information Security Program under the Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) regarding development, publication, and implementation of Departmental information security policies, standards, and guidance, as well as coordination, integration, training, and enforcement of all aspects of the DHS Intelligence Enterprise information security program.
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive information stored on and processed by the operational information technology systems that support the various classified mission elements of the DHS Intelligence Enterprise.
- Develops, executes, and communicates the information security strategic plan; driving the implementation to include coordination across the DHS Intelligence Enterprise.
- Utilizes a full range of strategic management and leadership skills to explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Plans and implements Department-wide security enhancement initiatives; following all applicable laws, directives, policies, and directed actions for the DHS Intelligence Enterprise.
- Exercises broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with knowledge of business activities, across the Department's Intelligence Enterprise, to best posture DHS IT Security for intelligence systems.
- Assesses the impact of legislation and actively promotes compliance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598909400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.