What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
- GS-07 - $58,585 (Step 01) to $76,160 (Step 10);
- GS-09 - $70,883 (Step 01) to $92,153 (Step 10);
As a Records and Information Management Specialist (Records Liaison Coordinator) within the Geology, Geophysics & Geochemistry Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Planning, investigating, organizing, inventory, preserving, retaining, dispositioning, and securing records in support of the Department of Interior (DOI) and USGS policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance and training to Science Center Management and Staff.
- Conducting studies of records management processes to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Using and/or developing data management tools to provide efficiencies in workflow as they pertain to records management.
- Communicating scientific and technical information to audiences of differing expertise levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel an average of 2 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598904500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.