The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Inspector General (OIG) is organized into seven operational units: the Immediate Office of the Inspector General, Office of the Counselor, Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Office of Healthcare Inspections, Office of Investigations, Office of Management and Administration, and Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 60 locations throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations and will report to the Strategic Initiatives and Risk Division Director and will support the directorate and Division’s mission by performing operations and assignments related to strategic initiatives and risk program activities, functions, and performance, as well as policy and procedures, and administrative functions.
The position may be filled in any of the following locations: Arlington, VA; Atlanta, GA; Aurora, CO; Austin, TX; Baltimore, MD; Bay Pines, FL; Bedford, MA; Dallas, TX; Hines, IL; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; or Washington, DC.
As an Auditor (Performance) you will:
- Assist in preparation of OAE's component of the OIG's Annual Operations Plans and Strategic Plans and the development various summary reports of OAE findings, VA business changes, and variables impacting VA's national and program long-term and short-term performance goals
- Assist project managers in evaluation, summarization, and reporting on areas of VA risks, operational weaknesses and management challenges, including systematically assessing VA's infrastructure, health care services, benefits, financial management, procurement actions, strategic planning efforts, and decision-making processes
- Evaluate results of OAE projects and functions, including legislative and regulatory initiatives, program issues and trends, and areas of concern to Congress, VA, and other officials
- Liaise with VA program officials, stakeholders and contacts to keep abreast of actions that affect areas of national and regional interest, evaluate performance of security of VA's information systems, and communicate significant trends and emerging concerns
- Assist in the administrative management of division activities, including formulation of budgets and controls over expenditures, travel, training, and management information reporting
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598887700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.