What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Salary:GS:11- $68,992 (Step 01) to $89,695 (Step 10);GS:12- 82,694 (Step 01) to $107,507 (Step 10) NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As an Ecologist within the Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans and conducts studies, investigations, and tests concerning biological, chemical, and physical processes that affect wildlife resources.
- Formulates plans for major ecology, wildlife and/or fishery projects to investigate novel biological science problems.
- Carries out investigations of wildlife conservation, preservation, and propagation issues.
- Serve as a team leader in the organization and coordination of daily activities of a small field project staff.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Physical Demands: The work requires some physical exertion such as walking over wet, rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. The work requires moderate physical ability and average agility and dexterity.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office, laboratory, and/or in the field. Field work requires the use of GPS and other navigational equipment. The office is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Temperature and weather extremes may be encountered in the performance of the outdoor work. Field and laboratory duties may require the use of special protective gear. The incumbent is expected to conduct duties in a safe and orderly manner so as not to endanger self, fellow workers, or property with which entrusted.
Extensive periods of fieldwork will be required for up to two-week intervals in remote locations and often under primitive living conditions.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position an average of 10 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598764300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.