What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Salary: $70,459 (Step 01) to $102,526 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Biologist within the Sequoia and Kings Canyon Field Station, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans and conducts studies and investigations concerning biological, chemical, and/or physical processes that affect biology resources.
- Analyzes and resolves complex conventional ecological problems.
- Writes comprehensive reports on study findings and recommendations.
- Analyzes data, performs scientific tests, and conducts studies on the impact of existing or proposed management or public practices on biology resources.
- Conducts analyses, and reviews results of studies or investigations.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Physical Demands: The work requires some physical exertion such as walking over wet, rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; and bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. The work requires moderate physical ability and average agility and dexterity.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office, laboratory, and/or in the field. The office is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. Temperature and weather extremes may be encountered in the performance of outdoor work. Field and laboratory duties may require the use of special protective gear.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of up to 3 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598746600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.