The Office of the Inspector General is ranked number 1 in the best places to work in the Department of Justice and is one of the premier inspector general offices in federal government. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional employee with experience in providing superior customer service in support of our mission to detect and deter waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct in DOJ programs and personnel, and to promote economy and efficiency in those programs.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Investigations Division. The physical location reports directly to the Dallas Field Office in Grand Prairie, TX.
If you are selected as a Criminal Investigator, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to:
- Analyzing initial allegations and recommending required investigative resources and collateral support.
- Investigating allegations of crime, crime scenes, and misconduct.
- Planning and conducting surveillance or undercover work.
- Apprehending and arresting persons violating U.S. laws and conducting search and seizure incident to the arrest or when appropriate by warrant.
- Preparing reports and presenting findings orally and in writing to managers, prosecutors, and other high-level officials.
- Testifying as a government witness before Grand Juries and in court regarding criminal cases.
- Testifying at administrative hearings in non-criminal cases.
25% or less - You will be expected to travel approximately 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598731800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.