Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS & INTERNATIONAL (LB&I) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Makes field investigations of real and personal property and of documentary and accounting records of very large and complex organizations with extensive operations and subdivisions.
- Estimates value of real and personal property, utilizing generally accepted valuation principles, including market data, income and cost approaches to valuation.
- Reviews and investigates engineering features of issues of very large and complex assigned tax cases involving the area of his/her specialty. Valuation issues associated with industries examined typically include: depreciable life, salvage, investment tax credit, sales of property, research and experimental expenses, casualty loss, contribution of property, valuation of intangible and tangible property in acquisitions, mergers, and liquidations, and other engineering determinations related to the assigned case.
- Researches available guidelines and reference material to resolve valuation issues that may arise during the course of the investigation that are typically the subject of confecting precedents or without precedents. Research may establish a principle or without precedents or without precedents. Research may establish a principle for future examinations involving varied and complex industry practices.
- Prepares written technical and valuation findings resulting from field, records examinations, and presents findings to taxpayer or representative. Assures taxpayer's understanding of these findings. Obtains agreement from a taxpayer whenever possible. Prepares engineering reports.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598717700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.