The NASA Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts audits, reviews, and investigations of NASA programs and operations to prevent and detect fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Investigations (OI) investigates allegations of crime, cyber-crime, fraud, waste, abuse, and misconduct having impact on NASA programs, projects, operations, and resources.
The closing date of this announcement has been extended to May 20, 2021.
- The Assistant Inspector General for Investigations directs the activities of the OIG's Office of Investigations (OI) to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness and to prevent fraud and abuse in NASA programs and operations.
- Acts as the principal advisor to the Inspector General and Deputy Inspector General in the development and implementation of the OIG's investigative activities.
- Ensures investigations are pursued, documented, and finalized in accordance with the Inspector General Act, other applicable laws and regulations, and OIG policies and standards.
- Administers a system to follow-up on and ensure appropriate response by NASA management to recommendations made as a result of investigations.
- Maintains close and cooperative relationships with key officials of the Department of Justice and other Government departments and agencies to ensure appropriate coordination of investigative matters.
- Replies to inquiries by NASA officials, other Government units, and the public relating to investigative matters.
- Makes recommendations to the Inspector General and Deputy Inspector General regarding investigative standards and procedures proposed by the Department of Justice, Office of Management and Budget, and other Federal agencies.
- Analyzes proposed legislation and regulations for impact on the prevention and detection of fraud and abuse in NASA programs and operations.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598627800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.