The Dean of the Library and Learning Center Services in the NDU Library will provide vision and leadership to unite a variety of campus-wide services which promote student learning. The Dean reports to the Deputy Provost for Academic Affairs and has full managerial responsibility for planning, programming, budgeting, and operation of the Library & Learning Center.Learn more about this agency
- The Dean of Library and Learning Center Services is responsible for defining and articulating the vision, strategic directions, and priorities for the Library and Learning Center.
- Provides leadership and oversees the development, delivery and assessment of services, resources, and programming in support of student learning.
- Creates collaborative relationships with administration, college commandants and deans, and faculty to ensure that Library and Learning Center resources, services, and programming meet the needs of the entire university community.
- Ensures that the Library and Learning Center stays at the forefront of changes in technology, communication, instruction, and the storage and delivery of information.
- Supports the traditional core functions of the library interpreted to 21st century user needs. Promotes knowledge of library resources and services among stakeholders and customers.
- Directs a staff of professional, technical, and clerical personnel through the division supervisors.
- Formulates and advocates policies and strategies for enhancing academic quality, resources, and environment through the development of education and training workshops for students, faculty and staff on current and planned academic technologies.
Occasional travel - Occasional TDY
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598544000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.