This position is assigned to the Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section's (MLARS), Special Financial Investigations Unit (SFIU), which investigates money laundering organizations and supports civil and criminal forfeiture cases for the Section and in nationwide partnership with United States Attorney Offices and other Department components. The SFIU is composed of experienced in-house financial investigators, litigators, and senior advisors.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be co-located with law enforcement in Chantilly, Virginia, and report to Section management in Washington, DC.
The incumbent serves as a national money laundering and asset forfeiture litigation resource to federal prosecutors and law enforcement. The incumbent will partner with prosecutors from the Section and from U.S. Attorney's Offices, as well as headquarters and field elements from the FBI, DEA, HSI, IRS-CI, ATF and other federal law enforcement agencies, to build and execute cutting edge money laundering investigations targeting transnational criminal organizations, terrorist groups, fraud networks, and corrupt government officials. Core duties include:
- Identifying and developing prosecutions against individuals and corporations involved in the national and international movement of illicit proceeds and funds that facilitate crime;
- Coordinating a national effort to combat certain criminal organizations prioritized by the Section or the Department;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with anti-money laundering prosecutors and agents throughout the inter-agency law enforcement community;
- Advising and conducting training to prosecutors and law enforcement agents regarding money laundering, seizure, and forfeiture best practices; and
- Occasional civil and criminal litigation in Federal courts.
25% or less - Attendance at national and international law enforcement conferences, meetings, and seminars is a core function of the incumbent.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598503800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.