This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Office of Coast Survey (OCS) with three vacancies in Silver Spring, MD.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-OCS-2021-0009, which is open to Status Candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.Learn more about this agency
As a Cartographer, you will perform the following duties:
- Maintain a national navigational database to construct, maintain and distribute National Ocean Service (NOS) nautical products and services to the marine public.
- Compile charting databases and develop chart products based on established charting policies and standards and provides detailed product quality evaluations.
- Carry out cartographic tasks and projects with minimal guidance.
- Select, compile, exchange, store, catalog, abstract, index, interpret, evaluate and disseminate cartographic and technical information and data.
- Write, edit, and review material to appear in publications, reports, periodicals, brochures, speeches, and audio-visual productions.
NOTE: These duties are described at the full performance level of the ZP-3, the ZP-2 is developmental leading to such performance.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% of domestic travel may be required for this position.
3 - If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598497900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.