The primary purpose of this position is to serve as archivist for the Headquarters 9 AF (Air Forces Central) History Office to provide professional archival management oversight and technical guidance to subordinate units in the air component.Learn more about this agency
- Digitally scan and organize the air component?s extensive paper and microfilm material into a single electronic historical archive on both NIPRNET and SIPRNET.
- Develop and implement sound cataloguing procedures to enhance research effectiveness.
- Gather assigned information by researching historical records, archival reference works, and a variety of other material to determine call numbers and necessary finding aid data.
- Disseminate historical information using a variety of media including displays, oral presentations, electronic and paper publications, etc.
- Perform a variety of duties in History, research and reference services. Answer requests for historical information requiring complex research in multiple sources.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598272600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.