The incumbent serves as the Lead Dental Officer for the Surveillance, Investigations, and Research Team, Division of Oral Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. The incumbent provides specialized expertise to analyze oral health epidemiologic studies and other collected data and applies this knowledge to complex and critical problems in the important areas of surveillance, program evaluation, and community-based research.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Dental Officer, you will:
- Consult on scientific and technical issues about the principles, concepts, methods, and techniques used in oral health research, dentistry and dental care services, epidemiology, and biostatistics.
- Apply knowledge to complex and critical problems in the broad areas of surveillance, program evaluation, and community-based research.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, analyze, report, and disseminate findings from studies and research projects that rely on epidemiologic and statistical methods.
- Function as a national and international oral health scientist and provide expert scientific advice and consultation on solutions to critical problems.
- Lead a team of experts who provide specialized expertise in analyzing oral health epidemiologic studies and other collected data through the use of highly complex statistical packages and computer models.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598208500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.