This position is located in the Applied Research and Methods (ARM), Office of the Managing Director. The position serves as a senior Librarian and agency expert; providing information, and reference and research services to GAO administrative offices and mission teams. The position also provides research support to other agencies, the general public and academic institutions, as requested. To learn more about ARM and its Centers, please visit us at: ARMLearn more about this agency
The ARM team is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a senior Librarian and agency expert in support of GAO administrative offices and mission teams by conducting thorough and relevant research and literature reviews, maintaining extensive knowledge of library subscription databases and other web-based resources, and supporting teams and offices in engagement, resource development, and reporting activities. Specifically, the incumbent:
- Provides information and reference and research services requiring expertise in one or more key issue areas required by the GAO teams. Performs research on specialized assignments.
- Prepares and develops written guidelines, training guides, or Web-based resources relating to key information sources and provides consultative services relating to information sources in one or more areas of agency interest including law, legislative activity and procedures, accounting and finance, economics, health service, national defense, and natural resources.
- Provides authoritative responses to a wide range of reference or research questions dealing with one or more areas of specialization.
- Provides expert technical advice, guidance and recommendations on the provisions of access to GAO materials and information. Evaluates research results and advises on the relevance and appropriateness of literature search results as they relate to engagements.
- Participates in agency procurement activities, including identifying the need for new databases and data resources, developing statements of work, conducting market research, and developing evaluation criteria, serving on evaluation panels, and assisting in the monitoring of existing contracts
- Designs and executes searches of advanced complexity using a wide variety of electronic information retrieval systems and other resources. Identifies and evaluates publications and electronic resources dealing with one or more areas of specialization and recommends additions to the library collections.
- Develops and conducts training sessions. Serves as an adjunct faculty member of the GAO, Learning Center.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598148700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.