This position is with the Office of Inspector General, Office of Strategic Programs (OSP), Data Analytics Unit (DAU). The DAU performs data science and data analytics work to support internal decision-making and the OIG's oversight of DOI programs through audits, evaluations, and investigations.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as a Statistician (Data Scientist) that leads and conducts complex data analyses to support OIG planning and work.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and conducting complex data analyses by utilizing statistical methods and statistical, data management, and business intelligence tools; combining data sets; and applying filters and models to large data sets. Performing quality control on the work of others by reviewing and verifying coding, statistical work, research methods, data cleaning, and the interpreting results.
- Developing analytical solutions for a broad range of requests from auditors, evaluators, investigators, and other OIG staff. Developing data warehouses; dashboards; and data pipelines, data models, and architecture for continuous and/or proactive monitoring projects.
- Advising all levels of OIG staff and management, including senior executives, on the interpretation of data and results of analyses. Developing and delivering written products, visual aids, and oral presentations to OIG executives and employees that clearly communicate conclusions and recommendations related to complex subjects.
- Providing expert technical advice to peers and management within and outside of the OIG on statistical methods and techniques. Maintaining contacts within the DOI, Federal community, and private and public industries to maintain awareness of emerging issues and trends and share best practices.
- Developing material for and/or conducting training sessions for OIG personnel on relevant statistical and data analytic topics.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598137600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.