This position is located in the Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau, Division of Healthy Start and Perinatal Services, Healthy Start Branch. The duty location for this position is in Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across Maternal and Child Health Bureau through this vacancy announcement.**
This position is a mission critical occupation and is responsible for analyzing public health programs, policies and procedures to ensure that Health Resources and Services Administration meets its mission, goals and objectives.
As the Healthy Start Branch Chief, you will supervise and provide administrative, technical supervision and guidance in areas of data and information systems design and management, data analysis and evaluation and performance measures for the Branch.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised.
- Establish guidelines and performance expectations for staff members which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
- Serve as an agency expert and coordinator in providing intellectual leadership and focus relative to the delivery of perinatal, infant, and maternal health services to reduce the rate of infant mortality and improve perinatal outcomes.
- Direct public health activities that may include performance analysis and research that assists the Bureau in advancing state-of-the-art approaches in the public health area addressing eliminating disparities and reducing infant mortality.
- Coordinate with other Bureau staff, as necessary, to implement community-based interventions designed to support innovative programs throughout the lifespan of women, children and their families and assuring that the views if technical specialists are reflected in the final product.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 15% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/598022100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.