As a Equal Opportunity Investigator at the GS-1860-7, you will be part of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Office of Field Programs. If selected, you will be responsible for performing the full range of Commission investigative functions from the receipt, review and assessment of inquiries in regard to charges/ complaints.Learn more about this agency
- Interviewing members of the public.
- Obtain documentary and testimonial evidence such as applications and payroll documents that are relevant to issues under investigation.
- Conduct on-site investigations of employers' facilities, including reviewing their records and interviewing individuals.
- Interview witnesses and creating a record of their statements.
- Investigate cases to determine if employment discrimination has occurred. These would involve cases with limited issues, and which fall under well-established legal precedents.
- Draft written reports of investigative findings citing specific testimonial and/or documentary evidence, applicable case law, policies and precedents relied upon in support of finding.
- Draft written investigative plans identifying bases and issues involved in the charge, the applicable theories of law, and the scope of the investigation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597970700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.