This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) Education Service. The Management & Program Analyst will serve as a member of the Strategic Initiatives and Integration team in the Program Integration Office (PIO).Learn more about this agency
- Ensure that the GI Bill strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to staff and integrated into Education Service's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of work, and update supervisor and leadership on work priorities, methods, and deadlines.
- Maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant background documents and make available policies, procedures and written instructions from the supervisor; maintain current knowledge to answer questions from staff on procedures, policies, directives, etc.
- Represent the team in dealings with the supervisor or manager to secure needed information or decisions from the supervisor on major work problems and issues that arise.
- Designing and delivering ideation sessions, and facilitating processes for idea generation to support administration of GI Bill programs.
- Crafting change management plans to facilitate strategy execution as well as drafting implementation plans documents
- Research, learn and apply a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, analyze and improve GI Bill benefits' effectiveness, efficiency and work products.
- Facilitates team or unit processes by working in collaboration with team members or employee to ensure that tasks are completed, that good working relationships among team members and employees are maintained, and that team priorities and goals, needs, and achievements are coordinated.
- Deals with issues of both sensitive, or of a high-profile nature while advising leadership on the national, or local impact of changes in process, protocol, or legal statues, which may impact or shapes the future direction of the organization.
- Prepares for and gives oral presentations to various audiences within Education Service, VBA senior management, department level executives and outside agencies.
- Design and undertake management studies, initiatives, or data gathering efforts, where the boundaries of the studies are extremely broad and difficult to determine in advance, i.e., the actual limits of the project are developed as the study proceeds.
- Studies are typically designed to provide information that assists management in the agency's diverse program areas, improve GI Bill program delivery, and identify actual or potential problem areas impacting GI Bill program operations and customer experience in the short and long term.
- Works in close cooperation with other VBA and VA offices in managing and implementing projects, responding to inquiries, and on continuous improvement efforts.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with stakeholders - Veterans Service Organizations, Educational Institutions, non-profits, employers - to enhance GI Bill benefit and service delivery.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Management & Program Analyst/39201A,39201A, 39203A, 39204A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597847000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.