Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Inspector General! SBA OIG provides auditing, investigative, and other high quality services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its mission. We promote open and honest communication and encourage a positive work environment. We are listed among the top ranked agencies in the Partnership for Public Service's 2019 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!Learn more about this agency
- Provides legal advice and services relating to audits, evaluations, investigations, and other products created by SBA-OIG components.
- Provides legal advice and guidance on complex cases or legal issues in one or more fields, including civil, criminal, and administrative law and procedure; ethics law; appropriations law; procurement law; legislative affairs; information disclosure law (FOIA/Privacy Act); and employment and labor law.
- Provides legal advice on a full range of SBA-OIG issues, applications, and interpretations.
- Provides legal advice to high-level agency officials and is responsible for effectively presenting the agency position before administrative or judicial bodies.
- Resolves complex factual and legal questions in the course of providing legal advice to the SBA-OIG, including quickly analyzing legal issues in question, developing the strategies to deal with these issues, and preparing the content of the completed analysis of issues.
- Recommends policies for and to conduct or coordinate relationships between the Agency and other Federal agencies, State and local governmental agencies, and nongovernmental entities with respect to (1) all matters relating to the promotion of economy and efficiency in the administration of, or the prevention and detection of fraud and abuse in, programs and operations administered or financed by the Agency or (2) the identification and prosecution of participants in such fraud or abuse.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/597814600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.